First, reaching inward, nurturing our membership through mission study, education, fellowship, and prayer.
Second reaching outward through personal witnessing, evangelizing, helping the needy and less fortunate, and seeking justice for all, in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Letters sent to Gethsemane’s “Missing Disciples”. Also sent “Thinking of You” and “Get Well” cards to disciples who were known to be absent because of illness.
- Annual Black History Program featuring talents from our congregation and community, Gethsemane’s Culinary Ministry coordinated the “Soul Food Festival”.
- Presented Gethsemane’s Mother’s Ministry with Gifts for Mother’s Day
- According to God’s Words in Matthew 25:35-36, “for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you gave me clothing…”(NRSV), we hosted our annual “Free Day”, “30” plus families were blessed. Items left over were donated to St. Vincent DePaul .
- Distribute Thanksgiving Baskets in 2015 with the help of our congregation donating non-perishable food items and vouches to 50 families in need within our congregation and the community
- Members of the Gatekeepers Ministry volunteered at Gethsemane’s Vacation Bible School, Youth Summer Camp, and Annual Christmas Holiday Dinner for the community
President- Sister Margie McGruder-McMillian
Vice President- Sister Jean Price
Secretary- Sister Mae Etta Bates
Treasurer- Sister Winnie Odom