The mission of the nurses’ ministry is to serve God’s people as church nurses by giving aid and comfort as directed by the word of God in using our gifts and talents.
The goal of the nurses ’ministry is to identify the needs of our ministry as church nurses and its importance to the pastor, congregation and the community. Additionally, our services will provide aid to those in need through Christian love, compassion, as identified in the word of God.
- Be a willing worker
- Be cognitive and alert to attend to the needs of the congregation
- Assist with funerals
- Attend to the Pastor and 1st lady’s needs at church as well as outings
- Assist with Health Fair Events
- Obtain training in CPR and First aid in non emergency and emergency situations
- Attend seminars and training to understand church nurse’s responsibilities
- Provide information in association with health awareness and concerns in the church and community
The church nurses have actively participated and assisted in functions as follows:
- The American Heart Foundation ( Nurses Red Ribbon Day)
- Pastor’s Anniversary
- Educators Breakfast
- Breast Cancer Awareness (Nurses Pink Ribbon Day)
- Thanksgiving Food Basket
- Kidney Foundation
- Toys for Joy
- Women’s Pamper Day
- Gethsemane Taste fest
- Attended State and National Baptist Conferences
Goals for upcoming year
- Amend By-laws for nurse ministry
- Participate in retreat to promote spiritual motivation and identify church nursing skills/duties.
- Attend Church Conventions and Seminars
- Work closely with Health Ministry to identify preventative health measures, identify resources for health awareness and assist Health ministry with Health Fairs.
- Work with community organizations: Look good feel good and Lipstick Angels
Pat Watkins, Deborah Adams, Linda Davis, Tenisha Dotson, Daija Bendoloh, Leticia Peterson, Patricia Brown, Deborah Bridges, Antoinio Robb, Margie Paul, Kimberly Turner, Deborah McKenzie, Evelyn Sanders, Stacie Dotson, Geraldine Merchant, Carol Dotson, and Tonya Mobley, Kelly Goolsby.
Associate members: Angela Merchant, Sekoya Brown, B. Byrd, and Belinda Davis, Shelia Watkins and Michael Bigbee,
New Member: Vernell Tinsley
Immediate Past President: Tia Medley
Joann Blanding (advisor)
Janice Kelley (advisor)