The Board of Trustees will be stewards of all material and fiscal possessions of Gethsemane Missionary Baptist Church as “branches on His vines.”
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that not beareth fruit, he taketh away: And every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you, As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
- Prepared and presented a power point presentation to encourage tithing and participation in an annual pledge to liquidate the renovation loan within 5 years.
- Reviewed and updated the job performance expectations for the contract employees of the church.
Repairs and improvements that were completed this year under the auspices of the Trustee Ministry:
- Upgraded exterior lighting to LED lights, which have an expected life of up to ten years.
- Replaced both furnaces and installed central air conditioning in the Sanctuary to replace the wall units that are currently being used.
- Handicap ramp repaired
- Waterproof sealant applied around the foundation of the rear exterior wall and the wall near the ramp to prevent water from leaking into the basement
- Exterior wall of the Fellowship Hall was painted
- New compressor installed in the freezer
- Drain and catch basin in parking lot repaired
- Purchased eight new tables for the Fellowship Hall
Joseph Samples Chair Alan Garrett Keith Buyck
Judith Yates Co-Chair Kimberly Kelly Mercer Bryson
Christine Day Secretary Marilyn Wilson Edgar Frazier
Betty Holmes Treasurer Quintele Woods 2016 Essie Williams